The Greater San Fransisco Area

Continuing my quest to travel the world.

It has been my quest to cycle around the world for a very long time, although I have ticked off 16 countries to date, I still haven't achieved the ultimate goal of cycling the world. I cannot wait any longer for the conditions to be perfect, age is catching up with me, so it is now or never.

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia

picture drawn by Jim my Step - Father on our trip across Australia
After our trip to Vietnam in 2012.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Animals and scenery.

It seems to be a day of seeing animals. The only thing I couldn't get a photo of was a beautiful white heron in a river bed. I saw it crossing a one lane bridge and couldn't stop. Maybe I'll see one tomorrow.

Deer

vicious sand flies.



There were a lot of cycle tourists on the road, and I was feeling lazy being on the Vespa, but luckily I managed to get a couple of hours on the bike once I got to Fox Glacier. Along with my 45 kms yesterday, I am actually getting some exercise. Tomorrow we cross the Haast Pass and hopefully make it to Makarora, the first shop and camp ground for 200 kms.


One of the beautiful southern lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment